To: All USTPA Members
Re: World Championship Qualifying
Dear USTPA Member:
The purpose of this communication is to make you aware of the rule change for World Championship Qualifying that was approved at the November 28 th meeting of the USTPA Board of Directors.
The exact language of the rule change can be found on the USTPA website. Rather than copy the entire language of the rule change here, we wanted to provide a summary of the new qualifying requirements for the 2018 World Championship Show.
Please note (#4 below) also that we have now included simplified qualifying for those members that might prefer to qualify for only one Team Penning and/or one Sorting class at the World Championship Show.
The effect of the update on the World Championship Qualifying is as follows:
- The Qualifying Period for the 2018 World Championship Show is October 02, 2017 through (and including) September 16, 2018.
- To qualify to ride any available Team Penning class at the 2018 World Championship Show, riders must ride a minimum of eight Team Penning rides at each of four separate USTPA Sanctioned Shows during the qualifying period.
- To qualify to ride any available Sorting class at the 2018 World Championship Show, riders must ride a minimum ofsix Sorting rides at each of fourseparate USTPA Sanctioned Shows during the qualifying period.
- To qualify for only one specific Team Penning class, or only one specific Sorting class, riders must ride in that class a minimum of four times at each of four separate USTPA Sanctioned Shows during the qualifying period.
- As an example, if a rider wishes to qualify to ride only in the #5 Team Penning class and only in the #3 Sorting class at the World Championship Show, that rider must ride a minimum of four rides in the #5 Team Penning class and a minimum of four rides in the #3 Sorting class at each of four separate qualifying USTPA Sanctioned Shows during the qualifying period. In the event one or more of the qualifying USTPA Sanctioned Shows does not offer the specific-number Team Penning and/or Sorting class at that show, the rider may satisfy the qualifying requirement (for the selected class) by riding any higher number class offered at that show, the same minimum number of rides described above.
- USTPA National Production shows and any other USTPA Sanctioned Show may be used in any combination to satisfy the four USTPA Sanctioned Show requirement. Please remember that the Regional Finals and of course the World Championship Show are not qualifying shows for the purpose of satisfying the four-show requirement. Two Co-Sanctioned Shows can be applied for each required Sanctioned Show in Sorting and/or Team Penning, up to a maximum of two Co-Sanctioned Shows to off-set one of the four required Sanctioned Shows.
Hopefully this helps clarify how the qualifying works for the 2018 World Championship Show, but if you have any questions about this, or anything else about your USTPA, please don’t hesitate to call or e-mail either of us, any USTPA Director or Officer, or the office.
Joel Brookshire, VP/President-Elect